All weddings in the Church of England include one or more readings from the Bible. There are many popular and exciting passages to consider.
Read some of these together and see if what they say seems important to you.
- Love, actually! The number 1 most popular reading for weddings is (1 Corinthians Chapter 13)
- God creates women and men to look after the earth (Genesis, Chapter 1, verses 26-28)
- A love poem between two lovers (Song of Solomon, Chapter 2, verses 10-13; Chapter 8, verses 6&7)
- Jesus teaches how to live a life that brings true happiness (Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 1-10)
- Jesus teaches about marriage, and welcomes children (Mark, Chapter 10, verses 6-9 and 13-16 )
- What happens when Jesus attends a wedding reception (John, Chapter 2, verses 1 - 11)
- Committing to each other (Ephesians Chapter 5, verses 21-33)
- Seeing the good side… (Philippians Chapter 4, verses 4 - 9)
- Getting the perfect relationship (Colossians Chapter 3, verses 12 - 17)
- Being a good lover! (1 John Chapter 4 verses 7 - 12)
Your Vicar will be pleased to discuss the choice of readings for your wedding service.
As well as Bible readings, you can also ask your Vicar about including other readings, poems and prayers at your wedding.
Please let your Vicar know if you have some special ideas of your own.
All above readings are New Revised Standard Version Bible: Anglicized Edition, copyright 1989, 1995, Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.