Special day, special place
We want to make your wedding personal and memorable for you. Churches are special places and there are some things about a church wedding that you just can’t get anywhere else.
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. You can only make vows this big in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together. God and your church are there for you to help you keep your vows.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
In Church it’s marriage in the eyes of God, which makes the commitment a bit stronger, I mean not in yourselves, it doesn’t change your feelings, but for some reason it puts that cloud over you– not a nasty cloud, a different cloud. It’s more than legal. It’s different - it’s proper.
- Church buildings offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. Imagine all the couples who have married in your local church, some of whom may well be your family. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special. Read more about how much easier it is to marry in your special church, wherever that may be.
- You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony. You can even use our online ceremony planner to get you started.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
Did You Know ?
We'd love to see you at this year's weddings shows Read more
You don't have to promise to 'obey' in the vows of modern marriage services
You don't have to marry in white
If you marry abroad, you can come home to a church ceremony
The Church offers family-friendly weddings for couples with children. Read more
You don't have to marry on a Saturday. Read more